Search the forum,

Discuss grout cracking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jase158

Used 6mm ply,
flexible adhesive
flexible grout

yet the grout is cracking

any help please..

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
6mm ply is no good to thin you might as well have put cardboard down sorry not being funny about it just truthfull,you would need 10 mm minimum and screwed not nailed every 100mm then sealed first before tiling

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
ask at the shop where you get your adhesive at you can not tile strait onto the ply without it being primed first they will give you the right one for the job ,if you dont do it your tiles will fail again

I

Ian

Some adhesive manufacturers say to prime the rear and sides of ply, not the face. That aside, use cement boards and the job will be a better one all round.

Reply to grout cracking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen