Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Granfix Csa in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

hmtiling

Hi all. Got a small job on pumped screed that the customer has supplied Granfix csa. It states on the bag that no preventative primer needs to be used. Would that refer to a water dispersible epoxy and still need an acrylic primer?
Thanks.

T

Tile Shop

This will go onto a clean and 100% completely dust free gypsum based screed. But I am surprised the don't mention that some form of primer would be advised if not all the dust can be removed.

Would stick to the safe side and give their technical department a call: Contact - Granfix Products Ltd

H

hmtiling

Thanks. I'm waiting on a call from them. If they don't give me a good reason not to prime then prime it is.

T

Tile Shop

Tilemaster say to use primer if using their Anhyfix. So a diluted solution wouldn't do any harm.

Kind of a belts and braces thing I guess. Keep us posted on their answer.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have always taken it to mean that they don't need a primer that forms a chemical barrier. However as you can never guarantee dust free a simple stabilizing primer to reduce suction a little and to stabilise the dust is needed. A simple acrylic primer diluted maybe 1:1 would suffice.

Reply to Granfix Csa in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks