Discuss HELP, CONTRACTOR USED TILE ADHESIVE INSTEAD OF GROUT in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

swatim

-
Reaction score
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with several drill holes and cracked grout, I hired someone to do the repair and replace all the cracked grout with new grout. This contractor said he was going to use epoxy grout for the job and when I returned, I found that he had put CONSTRUCTION ADHESIVE in all the gaps and areas missing grout instead. I am having a nightmare! Do I need to get someone to remove all the adhesive and put grout instead?? Thanks in advance!

gamer1

-
Reaction score
Although I am not a professional contractor, I can provide some general guidance on this matter. It is imperative to address this situation appropriately to ensure the longevity and appearance of your bathroom floor.

Contact the Contractor: It is recommended that you contact the contractor immediately to discuss the discrepancy between the agreed-upon material (epoxy grout) and the actual material used (construction adhesive). Request an explanation for their choice and express your concerns regarding the adhesive.

Assess the Situation: It is crucial to understand the extent of the issue. Examine the areas where construction adhesive was used instead of epoxy grout. Determine if the adhesive has adhered well or if it can be removed without damaging the tiles.

Consult a Professional: If you are uncertain about the best course of action, consider consulting with a professional tile installer or grout expert. They can assess the situation on-site and provide expert advice tailored to your specific circumstances.

Removal and Replacement: Depending on the assessment, it may be necessary to remove the construction adhesive and replace it with the appropriate epoxy grout. This can be a time-consuming and labor-intensive process, but it is essential for the long-term integrity of the tile installation.

Document the Issue: It is advisable to take photographs of the areas where construction adhesive was used and any damage caused during removal. This documentation can be valuable if you need to escalate the issue or seek compensation for any additional work required.

Contract Review: Review your contract with the contractor to confirm the agreed-upon materials and work. If they did not adhere to the contract terms, you may have grounds for dispute resolution or seeking compensation for the corrective work.

It is crucial to address this issue promptly to prevent further damage and ensure the proper functioning of your bathroom floor. Consulting with professionals and documenting the situation will help you make informed decisions moving forward.

craig89

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Although I am not a professional contractor, I can provide some general guidance on this matter. It is imperative to address this situation appropriately to ensure the longevity and appearance of your bathroom floor.

Contact the Contractor: It is recommended that you contact the contractor immediately to discuss the discrepancy between the agreed-upon material (epoxy grout) and the actual material used (construction adhesive). Request an explanation for their choice and express your concerns regarding the adhesive.

Assess the Situation: It is crucial to understand the extent of the issue. Examine the areas where construction adhesive was used instead of epoxy grout. Determine if the adhesive has adhered well or if it can be removed without damaging the tiles.

Consult a Professional: If you are uncertain about the best course of action, consider consulting with a professional tile installer or grout expert. They can assess the situation on-site and provide expert advice tailored to your specific circumstances.

Removal and Replacement: Depending on the assessment, it may be necessary to remove the construction adhesive and replace it with the appropriate epoxy grout. This can be a time-consuming and labor-intensive process, but it is essential for the long-term integrity of the tile installation.

Document the Issue: It is advisable to take photographs of the areas where construction adhesive was used and any damage caused during removal. This documentation can be valuable if you need to escalate the issue or seek compensation for any additional work required.

Contract Review: Review your contract with the contractor to confirm the agreed-upon materials and work. If they did not adhere to the contract terms, you may have grounds for dispute resolution or seeking compensation for the corrective work.

It is crucial to address this issue promptly to prevent further damage and ensure the proper functioning of your bathroom floor. Consulting with professionals and documenting the situation will help you make informed decisions moving forward.
Ai methinks

Reply to HELP, CONTRACTOR USED TILE ADHESIVE INSTEAD OF GROUT in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks