Search the forum,

Discuss Good advise wanted regarding cement boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mike1979

Hi happy new year to you all I had a look through previous posts but just wanted to clarify a few things I have looked at a bathroom floor that is wooden and it's the plank style so I'm going to use cement boards if I screw the planks down a bit more and make sure there is no squeaks or minimal movements would it be ok then to use the cement boards straight on top and should I use 2 part flex on both sides or can I just use rapid set many thanks

S

Stef

Hi happy new year to you all I had a look through previous posts but just wanted to clarify a few things I have looked at a bathroom floor that is wooden and it's the plank style so I'm going to use cement boards if I screw the planks down a bit more and make sure there is no squeaks or minimal movements would it be ok then to use the cement boards straight on top and should I use 2 part flex on both sides or can I just use rapid set many thanks

Mike, do as you say but make sure the floor boards are screwed down & there is no bounce then over board with Hardie, glued & screwed.
Hardie state the adhesive is only there as a void filler & to use non flex but I've always used a flexi adhesive for Hardie.
Use the same adhesive to fix boards & tiles.

M

mike1979

Ok great thanks thought I'd check so obviously I will screw everything down then it will be ok to serrate rapid set sticky and set the boards into it can I get away with rapid sticky on the boards or should I use flex I only ask as it's a strange one for years I just plod away on site work all new builds

M

Mr Tiler

After seeing a few of the posts tonight including this one I have no problem with going out tiling as I know exactly what to do in these situations. Can't wait for it I tell ya!

S

Stef

Ok great thanks thought I'd check so obviously I will screw everything down then it will be ok to serrate rapid set sticky and set the boards into it can I get away with rapid sticky on the boards or should I use flex I only ask as it's a strange one for years I just plod away on site work all new builds

Prime the floor boards with appropriate primer then use a 6mm trowel for sticking the boards down, I walk over the boards then screw them down.
Use 25mm turbo gold screws from ScrewFix.
I always prime the top of the Hardie boards before tiling but you don't have to, it's just a habit I got into.

C

charlie1

Prime the floor boards with appropriate primer then use a 6mm trowel for sticking the boards down, I walk over the boards then screw them down.
Use 25mm turbo gold screws from ScrewFix.
I always prime the top of the Hardie boards before tiling but you don't have to, it's just a habit I got into.

im in the same, prime everything!

Reply to Good advise wanted regarding cement boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen