Search the forum,

Discuss Glass diamond tile mat backsplash on Formica wall in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Doing a kitchen remodel and all is complete except for the backsplash. The kitchen previously had Formica countertops and Formica backsplash. The countertops have been replaced with quartzite. The Formica backsplash has remained, largely due to the fact that the cupboards stayed in place and trying to remove the backsplash resulted in tearing the drywall paper face off. So it was decided to leave the Formica backsplash in place, give it a coat of bonding primer and use mastic to adhere the tile. Sounded good, but in practice it is proving to be difficult and I’m not happy with the results so far. Here’s the issues: The tiles are diamond shaped glass and stone on a mesh mat. They are heavy and want to shift under their own weight. Being that they are diamonds, standard spacers have only been marginally useful (not 45 or 90 degrees). Any advice?

Reply to Glass diamond tile mat backsplash on Formica wall in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen