• UK Tiling Forum that lauched to the World. USA and UK Tile Fixers

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, and US Tile Fixers Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective tiling advice forum. TilersForums.co.uk now redirects to TilersForums.com.

Discuss genesis tiger trowel in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score
has anybody used one of these things? they state it gives 100% coverage.

tiger trowel.jpg

O

Old Mod

ill not bother then.... hardly a flying colours recommendation ;)
If you want a good trowel that makes achieving a full bed relatively simple, get a ragni 10mm trowel.
It gives 10mm deep serrations which are very thin and close together. The ribs are easy to collapse, which makes fully bedding tiles much easier than with a regular 10mm notch trowel.
Available from Amazon, selco, some B&Q's and I believe Travis Perkins.

IMG_1808.jpg

B

Blunt Tool

If you want a good trowel that makes achieving a full bed relatively simple, get a ragni 10mm trowel.
It gives 10mm deep serrations which are very thin and close together. The ribs are easy to collapse, which makes fully bedding tiles much easier than with a regular 10mm notch trowel.

View attachment 93596
With banana handle I do believe

OP
Chris Gibbs

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score

View attachment 93596
bought ;)

OP
Chris Gibbs

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score

View attachment 93596
new trowel arrived today.... bloody left handed!! hahaha

M

Matt Bott

View attachment 93596
+1 I got 2 and never looked back working wonders on the porcelthin I’m doing at the moment

T

Tile Shop

View attachment 93596

According to the Ragni website, this trowel doesn't exist, lol. There is a 6x4mm round notch, but not a 10x4.

I tried ordering one based on the amazon link you gave once. They sent a 10x10 square notch!

Anyone got a link that gets the right trowel? Everywhere including Travis Perkins are the 6x4...... If not I'll get the Rubi 10x6.

O

Old Mod

O

Old Mod

that says a
  • 4mm 'U' Serrated edges
All I can say is that is a link direct out of my past orders to order again.
If they’ve changed the link I have no idea, sorry.
I tend to buy half a dozen at a time. So it’s a while between orders.

T

Tile Shop

I GOT ONE! popped into Travis's round the corner from work and there was one sitting there collecting dust. So I rescued it. Taking it for its first muck spreading session this weekend.

Guessing Ragni's website needs updating because it is definitely 10x4 on the long edge, but weirdly, 8x4 on the short edge.

P

paulphur

I GOT ONE! popped into Travis's round the corner from work and there was one sitting there collecting dust. So I rescued it. Taking it for its first muck spreading session this weekend.

Guessing Ragni's website needs updating because it is definitely 10x4 on the long edge, but weirdly, 8x4 on the short edge.
I'm assuming not this one? Ragni Serrated Mastic Trowel 11in | Travis Perkins - https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/Ragni-Serrated-Mastic-Trowel-11in/p/905462

Only one i can see online

Reply to genesis tiger trowel in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer