Discuss Genesis Leveling System in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

JCT

TF
Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone used this? I took delivery of this yesterday from protiler. I was expecting the straps to have a flat base like they have in the promo video but they are curved. The curve is approx 10mm which I think is going to cause me problems. I just don't see how I can insert them on tiles that have been laid where I'm fitting the next tile. Surely it would pull the tile up. The curve flattens when the caps are on and pulled tight but I'm struggling to see how they can work unless I have quite a thick bed of adhesive.

Anyone offer any advice? I'm used to using flat bases which can be inserted in tiles where the next tile isn't going to be immediately fitted.

Thanks

J

J Sid

Haven't used them, but as you say flat and thin in there video.
Have you spoken to protiler?

J

Just Rizzle

I use them a lot with 12 mm bed and with the addy a little bit wetter so if the tile lifts it pulls the addy also you MUST back butter. you can bend them flat befor placing

W

White Room

Not yet, will give them a call tomorrow.

I had some from protiler and the same problem as you and called them, they said that Genesis had stopped making them with flat bottoms so why show a picture of them on the container they come in, Protiler was no help at all:mad:
N&C sell them with flat bottoms which are the Genesis type.

JCT

TF
Reaction score
I had some from protiler and the same problem as you and called them, they said that Genesis had stopped making them with flat bottoms so why show a picture of them on the container they come in, Protiler was no help at all:mad:
N&C sell them with flat bottoms which are the Genesis type.
What's N&C?

L

LM

I use the Genesis system, you can order either 'curved base' or ' flat base'
As regards the thickness of the clip base being too thick, who honestly would lay a tile that's large enough to require a levelling system with anything other than a 12 mm notch minimum, therefore the thickness of the levelling base isn't an issue.
I've been using the Genesis system because it does the job , but it used to be priced right, however I've recently been hit with a 50% price increase so I think I'm going to defer to the Ramondi system like everyone else on here does, and see how that compares.

W

White Room

I use the Genesis system, you can order either 'curved base' or ' flat base'
As regards the thickness of the clip base being too thick, who honestly would lay a tile that's large enough to require a levelling system with anything other than a 12 mm notch minimum, therefore the thickness of the levelling base isn't an issue.
I've been using the Genesis system because it does the job , but it used to be priced right, however I've recently been hit with a 50% price increase so I think I'm going to defer to the Ramondi system like everyone else on here does, and see how that compares.

Did find there expensive and like yourself the Raimondi ones but recently sent for some cheaper versions from Italy.

Reply to Genesis Leveling System in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks