Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Fugi Silicone Kit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Woody123

H9i there has anyone ever used one of these kits? If so would you recommend them as it reckons you don't have to use ssoapy solution to acheive high finish? Doesn't sound right to me and it looks more like caulk or something he is using in the demonstration video. Could be completely wrong like!

B

brian c

12139720250.jpg
is this what you are looking for?

F

faithhealer

I use this kit and quite like it. The advantage it has over the 'soapy water' method is that if you 'miss a void' or need to add a bit more silicon for whatever reason you can't because the soapy water prevents you. With this fugi kit, it's a hard plastic which does a pretty good job of scraping the excess off, and you can add more silicon if you have to. The excess can also be used again but that when it starts getting messy!

D

DHTiling

I think the karl dahm kit is nice....

Silicone Set

silicone-set.jpg

Silicone smoothing rubber tools for all joint shapes

For creating perfect joints fast. Made from a soft rubber like material

An exceptional and unique set of tools of professional results

Set consists of:-

4 mm radius and 45 degree angle tool

7 mm radius and 45 degree angle tool

10 mm radius and 45 degree angle tool

storage case included

First apply your silicone in the normal way. Spray the whole area with a strong soapy solution (i.e. washing up liquid and water, (spray bottle available below) then use these tools to even up and form a perfect joint in seconds! Keeps silicone off your hands

weight 110g
Click for bigger picture

Price: £8.97 £10.32 Including VAT at 15%

TradeTiler.Ltd Siliconing - sealers/primers

W

Woody123

Dave i have looked at that set and i have thought about investing in that one but i kind of like the fact you don't have to use washing up liquid to get your neat finish as faitheealer points out if you for whatever reason have a void in the silicone you can add extra silicone to it.....
Brian C sorry i can't see what your posting as it is just a cross and nothing happens when i click it....

B

brian c

it was the same site as the one Woody123 posted but i had a different picture of something different...grout rake i think it was.:lol:

P

P'boro tiler

so the only reason you dont need to use soap is because the plastic is stiffer?
i cant imagine these things working without soap but im gonna buy one and try one as i like the karl dahm ones but hate the fact you have to use soap

C

cutntile

these tools are brilliant had one from jml but some someone stole it on site and they longer make them. just ordered on of these from the link they are fantastic.

you get a perfect silcone line everytime with no mess!!.

O

Olz

I've bought one of the fugi 5 kits on the strenght of this thread, it arrived this morning, ill let you know how it goes. Got it off fleabay, cheaper that the set in the link posted in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BDS

I use the fugenbouy kit from screwfix it create`s a perfect finish every time and i dont use washing up liquid with it.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Be good to know what you think Oli.
I've tried similar kits before but prefer my finger.

F

Fred

Lolly pop sticks are the way. I go to my local park in the summer and there are loads left by the little folks.

W

Woody123

yeah oli i would like to know how you find the set as i think i might invest myself!
Out of interest how much did you pay for yours......?

Reply to Fugi Silicone Kit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks