• Thread starter Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 13K
  • fugi
Search the forum,

Discuss Fugi 5 Piece Instructions in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Yep.
All they have is what I posted. I didn't realise I was supposed to cut the lid open to get to the insides of the paper but to save others it's posted above.
If I get any more info I will post. I've seen the questions asked on Amazon also.

S

slicker55

The timing of this thread couldn't be better for me as I am tiling my bathroom and contemplating whether to order this kit to do the siliconing myself or (preferably) get an experienced chap in to do the job for me.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

@slicker55 thus far I've just played with the kit to silicone some glass. I've found them not to difficult to use (the ones I know what they are for). If the silicone is thin (quiet fluid) I found things more tricky. The tools to allow it to pass over grout joints are a fab idea. For a tenner or so I am very happy. The video I posted also I found helpful in terms of what the joint should look like.

S

slicker55

@Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall - thanks... very encouraging - will probably send for a kit and have a play before diving in. There are loads of videos on Youtube showing how to use different profiles and some practical tips too but I haven't found one yet showing how to cope with things like grout lines and coming out of a corner three ways (like in the corners of the bath). I believe the bridges supplied with the kit you have bought makes it possible to do a decent job when you have to cross grout lines. Sorry mate, I have had a very long day today - must watch your video - where is it?

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Long day myself. Here is the video I mentioned. I have always aimed for a concave sealant joint, angled nozzle head. This video and some further reading (and looking at images on this site) made me realise I had found something else I was crap at

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I carry my silicone tool with me at all times..... wouldn't be without it..!!

IMG_20180419_165250.png

Reply to Fugi 5 Piece Instructions in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen