Search the forum,

Discuss Floor tile suggestions... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

It is a nice floor Dave and please don't take this the wrong way but i'm not sure such a traditional looking tile would work in a modern looking kitchen with such straight lines.

I'd like those in there if they didn't have the tumbled finish but each to their own I suppose

As I say don't take that the wrong way, it just my opinion:thumbsup:

T

TMTservices

Matt.
If the polished porcelain jobbies you mention are the ones from b&q... Avoid them...like the plague. Lol. I have many griefs with them. Nightmare in fact! Don't look well down at all.
Similar to wall tiles colour wise IMO . Larger format obviously. A few shades darker maybe with slightly darker grout if your a clean living family! And no dogs! Lol. Especially in this weather! Lol

S

Sean fsy

Matt.
If the polished porcelain jobbies you mention are the ones from b&q... Avoid them...like the plague. Lol. I have many griefs with them. Nightmare in fact! Don't look well down at all.
Similar to wall tiles colour wise IMO . Larger format obviously. A few shades darker maybe with slightly darker grout if your a clean living family! And no dogs! Lol. Especially in this weather! Lol

nothing wrong with the B&Q tiles, ive fitted them loads of times now without problems.

mattok2.jpg

T

TMTservices

I dunno mate, I've had grief with chocolate ones. Used once and never again. When held level with eye they looked as though they dipped in middle. Threw the light. Ended up changing a few. And prone to chipping very easily. From customers of course, I'm always careful! Lol

C

Colour Republic

looks good but in a kitchen it's high maintenance. If you can keep it clean then go for it:thumbsup:

Z

zzr-matt

Ah yeah in terms of keeping things looking nice is it best to go for a matt finish?

Heres the zoomed out view, not brilliant as its from me phone:
DSC02664.JPG

N

nudge

from what i can see of the "Colour Republic" seems spot on with the colour but i would still used Polished instead of Matt or Honed just buy one with a bit of action happening so as to camoflage grubby or dusty marks.

P.S. try & get your hands on Tuscan or Lash levelling system & it will finish up like glass !

Reply to Floor tile suggestions... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen