Search the forum,

Discuss Floor tile suggestions... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Z

zzr-matt

I really need to get on and get the kitchen floor tiled now as I've been putting it off getting everything else sorted.

I thought we were going for some 600 x 600 polished black porcelain jobbies but I'm not sure how practical they will be in the kitchen with the glossy finish...

As you guys brilliantly recommended the tiles I used on the wall I wonder if anyone can recommend something that will go nicely on the floor before I waste any cash:)

This is what the units/worktop and wall tiles look like at the moment:
kit1s.JPG

C

Colour Republic

Perfect and i'd be tempted to lay them brick bond to match the walls:thumbsup:

Chocolate grout of if you can keep it clean a grout that matches the colour of the wall tiles (colour of wall tiles not colour of wall grout)

Z

zzr-matt

Just a bit worried it will be a brown overload, grab some samples I guess and try it out!

Anything else you could suggest just to give a choice :thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

Just a bit worried it will be a brown overload, grab some samples I guess and try it out!

Anything else you could suggest just to give a choice :thumbsup:

If you wanted a contrast then maybe a bright pink floor tile but I have to be honest it wouldn't be my first choice:lol:

Have you got any more pictures taken from a bit further back so we could see more of the room?

Z

zzr-matt

Dont start with the pink thing, the little bits of walls that are visible are pink! lol

I'll do a couple more pics this evening to show a bit more of it.

The brown tiles above come in at about 27.50/m2 after applying my discount is that a reasonable price or is the discount more of a token guesture? lol

C

Colour Republic

Any discount is a good discount! I can normally get pre vat price without too much trouble from anywhere. they've done 10% which is a guesture but it's still better than full price. It all depends on how much you use them and how much you are buying but I wouldn't have thought it was a lot from pictures you posted before the floor area is around 5sqm isn't it?

On that sort of area even if they give you 20% you're still not going to save loads. If you want to be cheeky see if they will throw in the addy or the grout.

Have you checked Tile giant to see if they do the same tile, always worth a go if you have one near

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dagger

how about a black slate, not the cheap stuff, rectified and calibrated in 600x300 layed brickbond.

i think that will look nice!

Dagger.

D

DHTiling

Walnut travertine...:thumbsup:..looks the biz...

chippededgetravertine.jpg

Walnut Travertine
Honed and tumbled finish.
Thickness 12 mm
Large Opus Romano pattern;
152 x 152 mm
304 x 152 mm
304 x 304 mm
457 x 304 mm

Walnut Travertine
Unfilled with chipped edges
12mm thick
610 x 406 mm

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

It is a nice floor Dave and please don't take this the wrong way but i'm not sure such a traditional looking tile would work in a modern looking kitchen with such straight lines.

I'd like those in there if they didn't have the tumbled finish but each to their own I suppose

As I say don't take that the wrong way, it just my opinion:thumbsup:

T

TMTservices

Matt.
If the polished porcelain jobbies you mention are the ones from b&q... Avoid them...like the plague. Lol. I have many griefs with them. Nightmare in fact! Don't look well down at all.
Similar to wall tiles colour wise IMO . Larger format obviously. A few shades darker maybe with slightly darker grout if your a clean living family! And no dogs! Lol. Especially in this weather! Lol

S

Sean fsy

Matt.
If the polished porcelain jobbies you mention are the ones from b&q... Avoid them...like the plague. Lol. I have many griefs with them. Nightmare in fact! Don't look well down at all.
Similar to wall tiles colour wise IMO . Larger format obviously. A few shades darker maybe with slightly darker grout if your a clean living family! And no dogs! Lol. Especially in this weather! Lol

nothing wrong with the B&Q tiles, ive fitted them loads of times now without problems.

mattok2.jpg

T

TMTservices

I dunno mate, I've had grief with chocolate ones. Used once and never again. When held level with eye they looked as though they dipped in middle. Threw the light. Ended up changing a few. And prone to chipping very easily. From customers of course, I'm always careful! Lol

Reply to Floor tile suggestions... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen