Search the forum,

Discuss Floor screed drying time - advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Done quite a few floors over the last few months using this method, mainly in superstores.

More or less as soon as the screed is down then you tile over it using a slurry mix of cement for adhesive.

Tiled many floors this way in the early days, in fact that was the way back then. :thumbsup:

F

frogeye

I am all for the old ways(cheaper) - so is that just a bag of cement mixed very wet and place the tiles in position or is there a bit more to it than that as in a bit of sand too?

G

Gazzer

This method is for screeding floor and laying same day...not if floor is already screeded.
The way it was done was to screed an area of floor and the same day lay tiles by applying a slurry (neat cement and water) over the still damp screed and then tapping tiles into the compound. Worked great with the old quarry tiles.

F

frogeye

what a drag - too late then
I'll give it another week while I sort out the plasterboarding and have a go later
Will probably use quarries

M

medlar

This method is for screeding floor and laying same day...not if floor is already screeded.
The way it was done was to screed an area of floor and the same day lay tiles by applying a slurry (neat cement and water) over the still damp screed and then tapping tiles into the compound. Worked great with the old quarry tiles.

Yeah,i have just used that old method at my caravan,screeded a patio 34ft long by 14ft wide,laid my ( i know,not tiles lol ) york stone onto a slurry,left 2 hrs then grouted,it looks the dogs danglies,infact it looks that good other residents on the site have asked me for a quote,SORRY was my reply,i only done it for us,to much work involved for other people,patio base was 8" screed,because of the fall of the land.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

Reply to Floor screed drying time - advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen