Search the forum,

Discuss Floor lasers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Hi All.

I'm just starting to look for a floor laser and wondering if one has stood out from all others to anybody?

I'm simply looking at one that projects the laser furthest along the floor.

It would be great if all lasers could be layed down together and the one that is visible the futhest i would buy.

Cheers.

Kevin

G

Gazzer

I have the bosch GTL3 and its good . I like it more on the smaller floors myself. I only use it for setting out and then its the chalk line for lines to work to.

B

bugs183

I'm with Sir Ramic on this.
I use my laser all the time for walls, totally invaluable. But the floor laser i found to be of very little use. Which is a shame as i love my gadgets!
You can't beat a long straight edge and a string line, sorry!!
But i'd like to be proven wrong..........................

K

kaharrison9

Totally invaluble for walls my laser.

Unsure if i'm wasting my money if i can only get a couple of metres from a floor laser.

I would have thought that the higher up the laser is projecting down the further the line would go.

Though i suppose a lot's dictated by the floor surface it's self.

G

Gazzer

Never really measured it and it is dependant on floor levels and how much light there is in the room. On a sunny day in a conservatory it can be pretty useless.
I think I have been able to see the line at about 10 metres ish ?

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've got the GTL3 too and think it's a great bit of kit as mentioned it's not the best in sunny rooms but that goes for most lasers I think. I use it for setting out most jobs ceramic, amtico etc...

P

Perry

Kevin i always use a piece of string on shop floors don't use the laser never found one that could be as accurate over the distance but they do say the pls has the brightest beam over distance :pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Furtek

TF
Reaction score
I love my laser level ! chalk line is good but if u spread adhesive over powder line ?

Done with Bosch PCL 20 :

Attachments

• IMG_1629.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1595.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Reply to Floor lasers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen