Search the forum,

Discuss Flexible adhesive over ufh - full contact needed? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

g cambrensis

Laying sandstone slabs over wet ufh and wanted to know whether or not full contact is needed between screed, adhesive and slab. Is it enough to dab adhesive at centre and corners and lay slabs.

My understanding is that ufh needs full and continuous contact to finished floor in order to work at its most efficient. Would dabbing therefore be counterproductive?

Thanks
Cambrensis

P

Prem Tiler

Take a few mins to look through posts about dot and dab. You will then realise that cowboy practice is a big no no.

good on you for checking 1st though buddy.

Reply to Flexible adhesive over ufh - full contact needed? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen