Search the forum,

Discuss Fixing sink to tiled stud wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You can get specific sink:thumbsup: fixings for fixing to stud walls. Think I got mine from B&Q a few years a go.

I got these in mine as well. I got them from B&Q in Peterborough. Can't remember what theyre called but the sink hasn't fallen of yet and I built the wall as well so that is probably an acheivement in itself.

S

simhopper

I'm not a big fan of the Fisher system.

But its personal choice. Yes I should shield that washer with rubber really.

We have always used fisher fixings, whether its there commercial or industrial range....We have yet to have a failure.

We have been hanging many tonnes of steel on there basic range of fixings so fixing a sink should be done with ease

S

Smithy153

Hi guys. I would have preferred to fix to a stud but this was not possible the only horizontal stud in the wall was far too high. The sink would have just looked daft.

John - its only a small sink so im not overly concerned.

In the end I found some heavy weight plasterboard wall plugs in B&Q. I'll post some pics tomorrow when i've got more time. I manage to fit some brackets as well to try and spread some of the weight.

Rich thanks for another informative post. I'll bear your information in mind. Your drills made mincemeat of the tiles :thumbsup:

J

jay

not real keen on wall plugs only weight of sink plus water maybe someone may lean on it be carful:8:

D

Deleted member 1779

"sinks"go in kitchens,bathrooms have wash hand basins
Oooooooo!

Well I still have to say I still prefer me nuts-n-bolts and am a bit of a coward with the Fisher kit.

basin_fixings.jpg

Fisher HAND BASIN fixing kit - Personal choice and nothing wrong with it!

I just love me old nuts and bolts.....
coach_bolt.jpg

Nut-n-bolt !
basin_fixings2.jpg

Mind you it MAY be over-kill because you could hang a herd of elephants of these and it wouldnt budge...

Hanging a bathroom hand washing basin from them is probably a bit overkill.

H

heatybob

fair play rich,both methods are very similar and achieve the same,but i think the fisher systemis a little more versatile as you drill the holes in the tile after they are fixed,but it must be said that both need some prep work prior to fixing ie-patresses for bolts/screw side of fisher bolt,and i dont think this can help the OP....
by the way 365 used one the other day an will defo be investing in a set:thumbsup:
keep up the good work richard :hurray:

Reply to Fixing sink to tiled stud wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen