Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting Metal Edge Trim/tiles Around Window Recess in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

gooty

Is there a technique for doing this with metal edge trim?

Eg, is it best to tile the whole face of the wall, with all of the 4 window sides cut straight and square, being raised proud by a set distance to allow for the trim/adhesive and inner tiles to meet up squarely when fitted later?
If so, I can't see how you'd figure out the measurements to allow for variences in squareness etc.

Also, having the the thin edge of the trim facing into the bathroom would mean fitting the trim first before you do the the inner tiles

B

bcd-87

Is there a technique for doing this with metal edge trim?

Eg, is it best to tile the whole face of the wall, with all of the 4 window sides cut straight and square, being raised proud by a set distance to allow for the trim/adhesive and inner tiles to meet up squarely when fitted later?
If so, I can't see how you'd figure out the measurements to allow for variences in squareness etc.

Also, having the the thin edge of the trim facing into the bathroom would mean fitting the trim first before you do the the inner tiles

Are you getting a pro in ?

G

gooty

done a third of the room, but the 'expensive' tiles from homebase have only one tile in a pack that arent faulty.

btw. do u stick the tiles on, then push the edging in afterwards?

magga

TF
Reaction score
It's easier to tile the front facing walls first, then tile the reveals after with the trim lip underneath the reveal tiles. I also tend to leave a grout gap between trim and edge of tile, but that's personal preference really.

Normally, you would put the trim into the adhesive bed, then sit the tile on top, it is possible to slide them in, but I don't see why you'd use that method when putting them under the tile first is easier.

S

scotmk

When I did mine I tiled the wall going past all 4 recessed by the size of tile and grout. Then fitted trim whilst tiling the 2 sides, then top then bottom.

The pic might help.

20160125_164042.jpg

20160213_140629.jpg

Reply to Fitting Metal Edge Trim/tiles Around Window Recess in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen