Search the forum,

Discuss Fired Earth Mosaics Fixing Advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

bluesky

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all . Been tiling for 13 years but never enjoyed large areas of mosaics . Been given surprise tiles on job just started- fired earth Indian Ocean . Would be okay if just on flat walls but now having to go half height around bathroom apart from bath area - there is no straight finished edge to leave at top of half part and also some boxing in to do and around a window at half height into reveal .
Any advice appreciated with cutting or if anyone wants to do it ! let me know . Thanks

image.png

O

Old Mod

0.6cm?
6mm surely haha
I have fitted the tumbled glass from Indian Ocean from Fired Earth.
Fired Earth web site is useless, tells u nothing.
I know they get some of their products from glasstile.com maybe check their website.
D'u know if they're mesh backed, paper face or cellophane faced?
Translucent?
You may have to start with their tech dept.
There is a member who worked almost exclusively, from memory, with fired earth. I can't recall who it is tho.
Someone else may.

O

One Day

as with all mosaic, simply don't begin unless the substrates are perfect and boxes are made to suit sizes. I'm not familiar with those but if they're glass then I'd suggest a glass blade in a grinder, variable speed turned down a bit to reduce heat. my little montolit cutter does glass very well too. whatever you do though, don't try and hang mosaics on poor substrates!

O

Old Mod

Do you have prep time before they arrive?
If u do u need to find out if they're translucent!
A large number of glass mosaics are.
If so u'll need to prep walls like this.
U'll need to white them out first or they'll look completely different when you fit them.
image.jpeg

bluesky

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Called Madagascar sea spray - translucent as well - fired earth told customer easy to fit - just follow their fixing instructions !!!

O

Old Mod

Fired Earth are up there with Topps when comes to advice!
I've had first hand experience haha

Reply to Fired Earth Mosaics Fixing Advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen