Search the forum,

Discuss Finishing To The Ceiling? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
I silicone to the ceiling if I don't like the customer!

(and smear too!)
Harsh that! I worked on a site of 300+ houses when I was 17 or so. Painters were ar#ehol#s, kept painting all the walls in the bathroom knowing full well we were tiling the wet areas. After weeks of arguments I began to write co#k in primer on the living room walls. Completely invisible until they started to emulsion. Took about 12 houses but they soon got the idea.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
White caulk looks like this!

image.jpeg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Ile give the caulk a go on the next one
I mask a tape line around walls 3mm down from ceiling and it always gives a perfect straight line around ceiling, looks far better than a joint filled with grout

Reply to Finishing To The Ceiling? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement