Discuss Finishing tile against bathtub issue in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi - I am a homeowner trying to resolve an issue and get to the best finished professional looking result/outcome for this area. I have an alcove bathtub installation that leaves 2 13/16th from the bathtub face to the outside wall edge. I see two options - Option 1 use the available 2x6 bullnose tile (actual width 1.97in) which would leave 12/16th (or 6/8ths) of space to the wall edge (after accounting for the 1/16th grout edge (or sealant up against the bathtub face) or Option 2 - cut 11/16th pieces to fit between the tub face and the bullnose tile and finish to the wall edge. See attached photo. Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1233.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 14

Reply to Finishing tile against bathtub issue in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks