Search the forum,

Discuss Finishing off touches question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stealth

Hi All

I've just completed tiling my bathroom after many weeks.

I'm quite please with the overall result but not happy with one aspect-where the walls meet the ceiling there are a few dodgy cuts that have gaps which are just too large to silicon and leave a nice finish.

I don't want to replace the poorly cut tiles as there are a few too many and it would mean too much work.

Has anyone any ideas how I can put a nice finish on the wall/ceiling joints? Is there anything on the market?

regards

O

Olz

How big are the gaps,

If you dont want to redo them you could use a quadrant trim to cover it, run like a mini cove all the way around the room.

D

DHTiling

Hi All

I've just completed tiling my bathroom after many weeks.

I'm quite please with the overall result but not happy with one aspect-where the walls meet the ceiling there are a few dodgy cuts that have gaps which are just too large to silicon and leave a nice finish.

I don't want to replace the poorly cut tiles as there are a few too many and it would mean too much work.

Has anyone any ideas how I can put a nice finish on the wall/ceiling joints? Is there anything on the market?

regards

C'mon...many weeks of tiling and you want to spoil it for the sake of replacing those cuts....bite the bullet and do it right i say..:thumbsup:

D

david campbell

got to agree,cut out the bad cuts(what are we talking? half a dozen tiles,3/4 hrs work and you will have the perfect bathroom) if you still can't be bothered then use the ideas from the top of the page(coving or similar)

C

CJ CERAMICS

as per dave and david if you have spent so long creating a nice finish dont spoil it by not finishing properly.
chris

W

White Room

If you put something over the ceiling wall line to hide the cuts, will it look as if your hiding somethink

C

Colour Republic

You could also overboard the ceiling if you dis-like coving but if you're going to go to that much trouble then you might as well replace the cuts.

What did you tile onto? plasterboard, tilebacker, plaster????

D

doug boardley

if you replace the cuts ( I would if they'll come off without making big holes in your wall), be sure to cover your potware to stop bits of tile smashing it!

S

Stan001

caulk might do it if less than 5mm gap

agree with basshunter if you really dont want to replace em.

Calk will give you the flex and will take the same paint as your ceiling, when painted 9 times out of 10 you wont see it and nobody will notice. I guess it also depends on what colour your tiles are and the position in the room. if that fails then as the guys say - try dished quadrant.

G

garretridge

you could also put the pvc panel ceiling on it comes with edging and looks nice when done maintenance free and will cover those dodgy tiles for around £70 quid:thumbsup: !

Reply to Finishing off touches question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen