Search the forum,

Discuss Finishing off touches question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stealth

Hi All

I've just completed tiling my bathroom after many weeks.

I'm quite please with the overall result but not happy with one aspect-where the walls meet the ceiling there are a few dodgy cuts that have gaps which are just too large to silicon and leave a nice finish.

I don't want to replace the poorly cut tiles as there are a few too many and it would mean too much work.

Has anyone any ideas how I can put a nice finish on the wall/ceiling joints? Is there anything on the market?

regards

O

Olz

How big are the gaps,

If you dont want to redo them you could use a quadrant trim to cover it, run like a mini cove all the way around the room.

D

DHTiling

Hi All

I've just completed tiling my bathroom after many weeks.

I'm quite please with the overall result but not happy with one aspect-where the walls meet the ceiling there are a few dodgy cuts that have gaps which are just too large to silicon and leave a nice finish.

I don't want to replace the poorly cut tiles as there are a few too many and it would mean too much work.

Has anyone any ideas how I can put a nice finish on the wall/ceiling joints? Is there anything on the market?

regards

C'mon...many weeks of tiling and you want to spoil it for the sake of replacing those cuts....bite the bullet and do it right i say..:thumbsup:

D

david campbell

got to agree,cut out the bad cuts(what are we talking? half a dozen tiles,3/4 hrs work and you will have the perfect bathroom) if you still can't be bothered then use the ideas from the top of the page(coving or similar)

C

CJ CERAMICS

as per dave and david if you have spent so long creating a nice finish dont spoil it by not finishing properly.
chris

W

White Room

If you put something over the ceiling wall line to hide the cuts, will it look as if your hiding somethink

Reply to Finishing off touches question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen