Search the forum,

Discuss Finished tiling but now the sink is loose and dropping!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mazza1978

HI guys

ive just finished tiling my bathroom and im in process of putting sink and toilet back! Ive put pedestal back under sink and tighten screws that hold it in place but its still wobbly and unsafe!! Do i need an adhesive to slap behing the back of the basin and if so what adhesive is best??

Thanks people

G

Gazzer

You could use silicone sealant but it would be better to get a proper fixing for the screws. This may mean using larger rawl plugs.

C

CDS

A basin on a pedestal will hold in place easily with sanitary sealant - nice thick beads across the back of the basin, really push into place, do your screws up and leave for a good 24 hours before putting any weight on it.

Only downside of this is that you'll struggle to remove the basin in the future so bare that in mind - If you just want to use screws only then Fischer fittings (screwfix) will do the job. Chris :thumbsup:

F

fipple

Wash basin fischer fixings 12"/14" two choices..plus maybe a couple of lines of ct-1...you can buy that from ridgeons:thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

fisher basin fixings, available from your local plumbers merchants for a few quid

Reply to Finished tiling but now the sink is loose and dropping!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen