Discuss Finish looks dreadful :( in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

trayjord

I have recently had a bathroom fitted with problems and the bathroom fitter has since gone bust. I have been left with a bathroom which I can manage with but the silicone work looks terrible. The silicone is shiny black around my bath tub, floor (where floor and wall tiles meet), walk in shower, between walls and white ceiling panels.
Struggling to find anyone who can come remove it all and do a good silicone job on it.
I have added some pictures to show the problems.
Shiny black silicone looks awful
Some parts are thin and don't cover the tile cuts which is leaving gaps.
Some parts too thick
Not smoothed out

022.jpg 23.jpg 21.JPG 24.jpg

F

Flintstone

Not great but thankfully not a major problem to fix, cut out and re silicone. What are you hoping for by posting this ?

T

Time's Ran Out

Some of these black silicones are runny to use!
Best stick to silver grey or white for those tiles. Mapei or Dow are the best imho!
Cut it off with a flat Stanley blade and clean down with remover.
Then it’s ready for the silicone man @ £150+ a go!
Or you could buy a fugi tool, bottle of spray+ and watch a video.

T

trayjord

Thanks!
Can anyone recommend someone that can come sort it out for me?

Mapei or Dow are the best imho! <---- where will i find those products.

Three quarters of the bathroom hasn't been tiled, its been dot dabbed and steam is gathering behind the tiles so I do want to get it full sealed asap.

D

Dougs Third Go

Thanks!
Can anyone recommend someone that can come sort it out for me?

Mapei or Dow are the best imho! <---- where will i find those products.

Three quarters of the bathroom hasn't been tiled, its been dot dabbed and steam is gathering behind the tiles so I do want to get it full sealed asap.
get them ripped out at the same time and re-done properly, hopefully money hasn't been exchanged between you and said tiler if that's the case

T

Time's Ran Out

As your based in Leeds try one of the forum tilers that you can find on the directory!
Even a call out to suggest the way forward would help.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It certainly is the same user, so I suspect it’s the same bathroom as it all needed ripping out again. Me and my plumber spent 5 hours each, visiting and quoting for a full refurbishment of the bathroom. They did not acknowledge the quotes, nor did they answer texts, calls and a pm on here.

In the words of Dragons Den

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I live near Leeds and am working frantically to keep up (12 hours today no break) , my girlfriend barely see's me but am interested in loosing 5 hours of my time and £15.00 worth of diesel. :rolleyes::fourleaf:

Reply to Finish looks dreadful :( in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks