Search the forum,

Discuss External Miters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

EXRM1802

Hello All,
I have just been given the contract for 6 flats in my local area by an established builders firm. The tiling required is walls and floors for bathrooms and kitchens, using mostly large porcelain tiles.

My question is that the builders want all external miters put in without trim, and having to cut the tiles at a 45 degree angle.
Because of this and being completly inexperianced with these i negotiated for day rate untill i gathered speed.

Questions

What saw would you recommend?

Is this a black art?

How do you avoid sharp edges?

should i be doing this all the time anyway as it did look bloody good?

am i punching above my weight?

I start in 2 weeks. thank you

D

DHTiling

mitering edges of tiles is an old school method for ceramics, used before trims were made, but a handy technique on marbles etc. as there edges can be honed with a suitable smoothing block, but this cant be done with ceramics etc, as it exposes the biscuit of the tile thus when not smoothed it will leave sharp edges, tell the builder you advise against this method.. if they insist then a good tile saw is the rubi d200 wet saw, it has an adjutable tilting split bed, so ideal for out of true mitre's... good luck...dave..

Reply to External Miters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I was hoping to get your opinions / thoughts on some work done in the kitchen by the...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I came across this forum searching for info so my first post. I'm renovating 1890's...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen