Search the forum,

Discuss External grout problem? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonty

A bit new to tiling but I grouted some outdoor steps and was planning to wash down grout after about 30 mins but was called away by something i coudnt get out of- when i got back to the job 24hrs later I'm finding it very difficult to clean off the grout its set all over the tiles- i'm using a scraper but is there any product i can buy that will help me get the stuff off? thanks

G

GazTech

cement_away_300.jpg
Cement-Away - 1L
A very strong acid for the removal of stubborn cement residue, efflorescence and heavy builders dirt. For newly laid and older non-acid sensitive tiles such as porcelain, ceramic, quarry, terracotta, slate and sandstone tiles

D

DHTiling

Try using an emulsifying pad as well....make sure you wear gloves...( marigold type )..........

M

MICK the Tiler

Just one more thought, Whenever i use an acid based cleaning product Especially on stone always neutralize with Bi carb soda mixed with water after washing down. :thumbsup:

Reply to External grout problem? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen