Search the forum,

Discuss External corner, full height to half wall edge detail in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Ajmoore1

Hi,

I am currently planning out my bathroom but am struggling with an edge detail and can find any other examples. I basically want to tile one wall(shower enclosure) full height then on a external corner change to half wall height for the rest of the bathroom. How do is best to set the tiles to do this or can you only change from full height to half height on an internal corner.

thanks

I

Ian

Where the external corner is, finish the tiling 50mm or so back from it, then you can trim down the vertical edge and mitre it into the horizontal, essentially, you'll be starting the half height 50mm in from the external edge this method will help you overcome the need for double trimming.

S

Stef

Step your tile back about 30/50mm from the edge of the external corner & put your trim in on the top half of the tiling cutting a mitre at the bottom of this trim.
It's hard to explain, I will see if I can look out a photo as an example for you.

Tried to post this ages ago but wasn't getting a wifi..

T

The D

2014-03-21 13.23.52.jpg :thumbsup:

O

On one

You can also fully tile the full height wall on Deanotiles pics if you use L shaped trims and tile the half height wall first(bringing the tile a tiles thickness plus adh past the ext corner) and then the full height wall with your trim going upwards from the half height(apologies for no pics and the gobbledegook)
It can also be useful to use Schluter internal and external corner pieces right next to each other to avoid having to mitre trims.

Reply to External corner, full height to half wall edge detail in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen