Search the forum,

Discuss Exterior Tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rookery

Probably prompted by the nice weather, I have been asked to quote for tiling a patio. They don't want natural stone so would you suggest porcelain and glazed or not?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just done mine, why not
uqedejud.jpg
qupa4atu.jpg
yjy3yre3.jpg
se2e2e9a.jpg
4ysybuqu.jpg

In fact I have about 10m2 left over, if your interested ;)

Last edited:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They not glazed ,more matt, porcelain ,possibly will be slippy in winter, but to be honest the stone flags are slippy in winter so I tossed it about in my head and decided ( well the wife did) that we(she) would go the tile route

Last edited:

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
They not glazed ,more matt, porcelain ,possibly will be slippy in winter, but to be honest the stone flags are slippy in winter so I tossed it about in my head and decided ( well the wife did) that we(she) would go the tile route

Your right, everything is slippery in winter. Best go for what looks good, that looks great.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Cheers chaps.
Sorry rookery I seem to have hijacked your thread :(
But to answer you question, as long as the tiles are frost proof and addy can be used external ( I used tilemaster) then get it done mate ;)

afright

TF
Reaction score
Have just finished 280 m2 balcony with 600 x 300 Alante porcs from CTD they have frostproof written on the back, also done my garden path about 8 years ago with porcs still looks good only draw back they are deadly with a bit of snow on them.

Reply to Exterior Tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen