Search the forum,

Discuss Excess dried grout on tile lines in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

It's been 5 days as I've had other house jobs to get on with but I need to sort this now i have more time

Plus it's sticking out like a sore thumb
Yeah that's a bit of a mistake.
It should never have been left. The longer you leave it the more it will cure and the more likelihood it'll have to be mechanically removed.

W

WetSaw

Deterdek does not fundamentally effect grout :)

I'd be surprised if any acidic cleaner used incorrectly wouldn't "bleach" the colour from grout but I haven't used that particular Fila product so I bow to your superior knowledge;)

O

Old Mod

I'd be surprised if any acidic cleaner used incorrectly wouldn't "bleach" the colour from grout but I haven't used that particular Fila product so I bow to your superior knowledge;)
It's just what it says on the bottle Paul, haha
But I have used it and it is a good product, but for this application, I feel it may be multitools at dawn! Haha

W

WetSaw

I'd try the cleaner first with a scourer. If that doesn't work try the mechanical removal option but don't use a spinning brush with acid!!

Reply to Excess dried grout on tile lines in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen