Search the forum,

Discuss ever so sorry but another cutter thread...new one required first in 4 years in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sigma UK

I would say the Sigma 3CM 72cm. 1200kg multipoint breaker with a scoring wheel set on bearings for textured tiles. Cuts up to 20mm Porcelain and evrything in between. Cost price is also lower than a Rubi i think. This thing you last you a lifetime. :thumbsup:

S

Sigma UK

Hello cam. they do three types of handle. Standard (score backwards) MAX & Klick Klock (score forwards or backwards your choice). M at the end of the model means MAX and then K for Klick klock. you can't go wrong with them pal. :thumbsup:

D

Divad

I know there is always threads on this but Im currently ready to spend a bit on a cutter that will cut up to 70cm.

I have a Monty 63 at the moment. It has served me very well however I seem to be very unlucky and every large tile job I get has 63cm tiles !!!

I like the action of a Monty, the Sigma look like the handle is reversed to a Monty ? How does that work.

Rubi vs Sigma is the consensus on here I see, however, Im open to options and links to other makes.

Thanks peeps.

Can I ask, what is a "Monty" cutter? Do you mean Montolit? If you've worked with them for years and they're good, why not buy another one, but bigger? TradeTiler do a 75P2 for 250 squid, or a 93 for 299. I say stick with what you know is tried and trusted. Maybe they're better than Rubi or Sigma?

Tradetiler Montolit Manual Tile Cutters

Reply to ever so sorry but another cutter thread...new one required first in 4 years in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen