Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy Grout on a Heated screed / Under floor heating in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

Epoxy isn't Flexible it's brittle , super hard it may well be able to be used on heated screeds but it wouldn't be recommended for use over timber substrates

O

One Day

Guys, all epoxies aren't equal. Like everything else they can be modified. I've found kerapoxy and cq to be quite flexible actually.

A

Aston

Guys, all epoxies aren't equal. Like everything else they can be modified. I've found kerapoxy and cq to be quite flexible actually.

@impish
yes, epoxy resins can be modified, that's why they are now easier to use now compared to years back when they used to be dreaded by tilers BUT when you modify a product, you have to be careful that you get the balance right because you could gain in one area but lose in another.

@nobody in particular
, ''Just for reference''

Kerapoxy is still very rigid when cured so it will not expand and contract in the same way a 'polymer modified cement' grout would so, yes you can use epoxy grout for a host of reasons mentioned by Dan BUT where flexibility and movement is an issue, maybe there's other ways to go...Epoxy solves some things but not everything.

so, if you are grouting a heated screed, find out you priority and go with the option that' suits the criteria.

I

Italy

the keynote speech was: use epoxy, because one color, almost white, cement based.
gets dirty more, just for that, I proposed Epoxy.
Now, cement-based fillers, reached very high values, both of flexibility, that the color fastness.
that's all.
Then, we know that with other colors, the solution remains the cement base.
(This, for me) ;)

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
I was thinking about the same sort of question the other day due to finding out that the grout specified for all steam rooms were cement based and not epoxy.
I assumed that this could possibly damage the epoxy over a period of time. Maybe someone here could shed light on the matter in my case?

Cheers

Reply to Epoxy Grout on a Heated screed / Under floor heating in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen