Discuss economy-radiators???? Heard of them? They good? Electric radiators in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Ashleynorris

Good evening,

Some of you may have seen my previous post regarding my new flat purchase which only source of heat is underfloor heating which doesn't do anything bar cost an absolute fortune 55kwh per day just to have 2 rooms on low.

Anyway ive been looking around and found the company

economy-radiators.com

According to them i need 5 radiators totalling 3.7kwh, apparently they are modern slim efficient electric heating (is there such a thing??)

So they advise you leave it on 24 hours 7 days per week and have been tried and tested many many times, he says to keep a constant heat of 18-20 degrees the radiator will only be powered for 5 hours due to its clever thermostat so 3.7kw x 5 = 18.5kwh per day at say 0.11 a unit makes £2.00 a day which i think is very reasonable for 24/7 at 18/20degrees .

Needless to say im very suspicious but if it works it'll save me alot of hassle, the cost of the radiators is just over £1300 but given my underfloor heating was using 55kwh per day im happy to pay for the radiators if they are as good as they say, apparently they are the closest rival to gas central heating, hundreds of reviews , has anyone here used them???

Let me know uf you think it sounds to good to be true, they have a,good YouTube video album, he has one in his showroom running 24/7 costing 2p per hour!

Apparently

D

Deleted member 49260

Heat input is whatever you need and if 55 does it now do you really think 18.5 will do? If 5hrs doesn't do it and 24 is needed you are back to same consumption as before and £1300 down. Generally anything that seems to be 'too good to be true' generally turns out to be a crock of (not gold)

Reply to economy-radiators???? Heard of them? They good? Electric radiators in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks