Search the forum,

Discuss Dural v Ditra in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Feeney

Hi, fairly new on here and going with advice to use a decoupling membrane before tiling my kitchen. I was looking for the best price on ditra matting when I came across another German manufactured product called 'Dural' which purports to be the exact same thing only made by another manufacturer and coloured yellow instead of orange. There is a fair price difference between the two so just wondering if there is any good reason not to go with the cheaper brand?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Dural is really good stuff don't let the fact it's cheaper make you think it's lesser quality than Shluter Ditra matting.

P

prceramics

Dural does not have the hollow squares that you have to fill in good stuff mate :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Hi, fairly new on here and going with advice to use a decoupling membrane before tiling my kitchen. I was looking for the best price on ditra matting when I came across another German manufactured product called 'Dural' which purports to be the exact same thing only made by another manufacturer and coloured yellow instead of orange. There is a fair price difference between the two so just wondering if there is any good reason not to go with the cheaper brand?

It is not manufactured in Germany anymore... it's Swedish now. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread. If it's not a current topic then don't worry about it for now. Other threads like this can be found in the main tiling forum. If you do want to reply to it, please do. Your information may add value to somebody reading the forum in the future.

Reply to Dural v Ditra in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen