Discuss Dural On Anhydrite in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

hmtiling

Hello all. Got a large area of anhydrite that's having Durabase matting on it.
Just wondering what adhesive you guys prefer to use with it. I'm thinking Granfix CSA as it's standard setting and i can mix a load at a time, as i said it's a big area.
All input appreciated, cheers.

H

hmtiling

Anything gypsum based really mate, anhyfix from Tilemaster is all I've ever used on theses screeds, brilliant product.
My local tile shop has just started dealing with them on my recommendation from the recommendations on here if that makes sense?
What's the pot life like?

I

Ian

My local tile shop has just started dealing with them on my recommendation from the recommendations on here if that makes sense?
What's the pot life like?
Not bad at this time of year, maybe 30-40 mins before it starts to get a bit stiff. For fixing a membrane you would usually mix it a bit wetter so that'll add 5-10 mins to the pot life. If you pre-cut your durabase you'll have no problem mixing a bag at a time.

H

hmtiling

Not bad at this time of year, maybe 30-40 mins before it starts to get a bit stiff. For fixing a membrane you would usually mix it a bit wetter so that'll add 5-10 mins to the pot life. If you pre-cut your durabase you'll have no problem mixing a bag at a time.
Cheers Bri

T

Tile Shop

I have a question.

Once the dural is down, do you still use the gypsum addy for the tiles or revert back to cement?

Reaction score
Back to cement, mainly for cost reasons.
Just completed 90 meters The Anhyfix from Tilemaster is great product used it to stick Dural ci matting down... had a few bags left and spoke with Tilemaster and used this on top of the matting until we had uesd it up then like you say Bri... went to s1 setaflex ... used Kerakoll Ideal before but this is so much better, and fast set... really excellent product

B

bcd-87

Just completed 90 meters The Anhyfix from Tilemaster is great product used it to stick Dural ci matting down... had a few bags left and spoke with Tilemaster and used this on top of the matting until we had uesd it up then like you say Bri... went to s1 setaflex ... used Kerakoll Ideal before but this is so much better, and fast set... really excellent product

Is Dural ditra/dura base ?

H

hmtiling

Thanks for the comments guys. Think I'm going with Granfix csa as its not pricey and standard setting.

Reply to Dural On Anhydrite in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks