Search the forum,

Discuss Dural / Ditra ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tomo13

When using dural or similar uncoupling, do you fill in holes with leveller first or just go straight on with addy ? what happens if a few of the holes don't get fully filled up with addy ?

Thanks, Steve

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
The idea is that you go over the mat with the flat side of your notched trowel first, this fills in all the pockets, you shouldn't miss any doing it this way, if you were to miss the odd one, no great shakes imho.

M

Mike Mike

See if you can find these for sale in the U.K. (I've seen one once on a Sarah Beeney property programme). This one is 24 inches wide and costs a fiver. They're what we use for plastering and trowelling out SLC etc. You get a better, smoother, flatter finish than the flat side of a tiling trowel, and even than a Marshalltown finishing trowel.
Bredspackel - Jula AB

P

Perry

i was told by Ditra that you had to fill the voids with the adhesive as you were tiling not fill the voids first

Reply to Dural / Ditra ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen