Search the forum,

Discuss Dunlop v Bal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Frankie

Can someone put me straight on this, been using Bal for a good while now, but another supplier I use only stocks Dunlop and tells me its the same stuff, while I have no complaints about the price, it is very cheap compared to Bal, and the floor adhesives smell and work much the same, Im really not sure about the tubbed wall adhesives, apart from being very gritty it seems to skin over pretty quick too, I don't want to comprimise quality or longevity of my work.
Any info would greatly be appreciated thanks guys

M

Mike

Having been on the road for BAL for nearly 2 years I can assure you that the basic ingriedients in both BAL and Dunlop are the same and are made in the same factory. BAL was always seen as the premium brand sold through the large tile distributors (and Topps) and aimed at the professional and the specification market. Dunlop was developed and promoted as more of a DIY brand and was a way that Building Adhesives (the owning company, formerly Norcros) could sell direct to tile shops and other outlets. The Dunlop stuff was also the stuff that was sold as peoples own brand and was also sold as Butech through Porcelanosa. I think the only difference may have been some of the products may have had less polymer which helped to keep costs down. Dunlops range was never quite as big as the BAL range and it contained a ready mixed tiling to timber adhesive but apart form that no real differences.
Hope the above helps.

F

felix

I had the same worries as you about Dunlop, but I was very impressed with it when I used it. I use it alot now as it is so much cheaper than Bal and I have no complaints

Reply to Dunlop v Bal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen