Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Dunlop Flexi Additive & Bal admix GT1 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

bluevin123

Hi,

Ive just found 2 x1kg of Dunlop Flexi Additive, & Bal admix GT1 in the shed.
Im laying a floor on Friday onto 18mm ply using 600x300 copper honed slate tiles, I would normally just use a cement based flexi adhesive.
Can I/shall I add one of these to the adhesive too?

They appear to be the same kind of thing, is it best to use these on extremley flexible surfaces,I know it seems quite obvious but would like to know if anyone has used these particular brands.
Cheers.
Vin.:thumbsup:

W

White Room

Why not just use the flexi addy, adding extra flexibility may not be suitable for the spf

B

bluevin123

Well yeah ok,like I said whitebeam I normally do, but wondered if the additive would help it further, but as you say it might not be suitable.
Cheers.
Vin.:thumbsup:

D

david campbell

i think the manufacturers guarentee would be null and void if you added anything to an already chemically enhanced adhesive

Reply to Dunlop Flexi Additive & Bal admix GT1 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks