Search the forum,

Discuss Dunlop Adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

felix

I just spoke to an independent tile retailer about a trade account. He was able to offer me a huge discount on adhesives. The only thing is he only stocks Dunlop addys. I've only ever used BAL up till now and I was wondering if anybody had used this before and what it is like.

He told me it is made by the same company as BAL and it was just as good.

BAL SPF is currently costing me £38 for 20 kg at Topps. He could get me 20 kg of SPF Dunlop for £8. I'm sure you can see why I'm dubious

G

grumpygrouter

BAL owns Dunlop, (BAL owned by Ardex incidently) never used it myself but it generally doesn't have that good a reputation from posts I have seen on other forums. Not much mention of it on here. Won't hurt to try it I suppose, if its She-ite then you can always revert back to BAL for your next job.

U

Unregistered

Use Dunlop all the time and to work with it's just as good as BAL. No noticeable difference. I'd be willing to bet in a blindfold test that people couldn't tell the difference between Dunlop and BAL.

D

DHTiling

It's all in the name....try it and if you dont like then you dont use it again..simple as that .. lol lol ........dave.....

Reaction score
Don't know what it's like myself..but if a name is anything to go by..they don't come much bigger than Dunlop...I know that doesn't always count for anything.
Mark
----

Last edited by a moderator:
F

felix

Thanks for that guys. I was stunned when he told me the price. It was really hard not to let him see how shocked I was.

Reply to Dunlop Adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen