Search the forum,

Discuss Dot & dab plasterboard on tiles .. ?? .. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lmkitchens

Right, I'm going to get shot down asking such a question.

I'm doing 2 bathrooms in a house, the walls are 9.5mm plasterboard paramount walls.

I cannot get the tiles to part company form the plasterboard for love nor money. The bathroom I'm on now I had to part the inner plasterboard off the paramount center, re stud it and re board it.

I'm struggling for time as this is a long winded method taking me over a day for a 2 x 2 room ( trying not to pull the walls to pieces ruining the decor in the rooms attached.

So my thoughts were... Can I dryline over the other bathroom which is half tiled. I have the space to do so.
Would blue grit or bond-it work?

Go one shoot me down :mad::confused::confused::confused::mad:

W

White Room

Why don't you (after the tiles have been removed) just dot and dab plasterboard to the existing paramount....

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Could you mechanically fix over the existing?

P

p4ulo

Just smash all the way through the plasterboard, and pull each sheet down, re-board and tile, Nice flat surface too.
I had a similar job a while back, it is a pain to have to pull it all down and re-board, but at least you know its ok once done?!

Reply to Dot & dab plasterboard on tiles .. ?? .. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen