Search the forum,

Discuss Do you need to run Ditra right to the edge of the room? Thinking of leaving a gap to deal with a high perimeter. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I've got a room with a two-layer plywood subfloor that is fairly flat (not level) but the floor ramps up at the perimeter fairly sharply. I'm going to be using Ditra for the installation (only for uncoupling - not worried about waterproofing). Rather than trying to raise the entire floor to the level of the perimeter, I was thinking of just leaving an 8" gap around the edge where I would not lay down any Ditra. Anyone tried this before?

Reaction score
:)
I've got a room with a two-layer plywood subfloor that is fairly flat (not level) but the floor ramps up at the perimeter fairly sharply. I'm going to be using Ditra for the installation (only for uncoupling - not worried about waterproofing). Rather than trying to raise the entire floor to the level of the perimeter, I was thinking of just leaving an 8" gap around the edge where I would not lay down any Ditra. Anyone tried this before?
Run for your life. Why on earth would you take a job on thats on two layers of ply PLUS the outer area is raised so much that you can't get it level?

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
:)
There are ways round things and ways of doing things right !you know answer

Reply to Do you need to run Ditra right to the edge of the room? Thinking of leaving a gap to deal with a high perimeter. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen