Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Do I need public liability insurance in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

bluevin123

Hi,

Me and a mate done a course earlier on in the year, and have had business cards and leaflets made and visited various tiling ,plumbing,consevatory shops to get our name out. We got made redundant a couple of months ago ,much to our delight and decided to work together building up an eventual business.We have been doing the odd tiling job together since.However we are not registered as self employed yet,just living off the redundancy.We have a few possible jobs in the pipeline,I think now its time to get public liability insurance.I just filled a form in from Groupama Standard,they quoted at £12.01 a month for 2 million worth of cover. I put down my own name,but mentioned it as a partnership,do you know if my partner has to do a seperate one, or could it be for the both of us.
We hope to register as self employed in the next couple a months,just hope the works starts coming in.
Thanks.
Vinnie.

B

bluevin123

Cheers Dave,thats the one I was looking at,do you think it ll be better to ring them to find out exactly whats what?
Vinnie.

D

DHTiling

a call wont hurt..then you can discuss which policy is best for you and your mate..etc.....

G

grumpygrouter

You should be able to get the cover for the "Firm" that you operate under, remember to register with HMRC within 3 months to avoid penalties. Also, if you are looking to do contract work, you will need to register the partnership as sub-contractors also.

Grumpy

F

Fekin

To say how low cost liability insurance is, and the amount you could damage, it's more than worth it.

D

Deleted member 1779

Totally agree about insurance. I've got public liability for £2m and also product liability for £2m. Its a combined policy.

The premium cost me £341 p/a

Just one claim could wipe me out so its worth it for peace of mind. Also if you find yourself working for local authorities, buisness, or subcontracting they will often ask for a copy of the certificate.

Agree with the other comments above that it needs to cover the company and not just the person. And also agree its best to contact them to let them know your circumstances IE: if you are either a partnership, a Ltd Co or a sole trader. And of course always update them if things change.

So far I havent had any claims so it would appear nobody has drilled a hole through their head yet.

trepanning.jpg

One slip with the 365 drill plate and suddenly it was game over for Dave. Lucky for Mrs Dave the insurance replaced her husband with a new model.

Reply to Do I need public liability insurance in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks