Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need a tray former? how to create a slope for drainage? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

M

mbc0

Hi,

I have a screeded concrete floor in my bathroom and instead of a conventional shower tray I want to have a wet room style linear drain floor. The area I am using is a corner and I have found linear former trays but they all require an envelope style tiling system. Would be possible to just grind a slope out of the existing concrete and then tank and tile placing the linear drain right against the wall so I would then be able to tile "normally" down the slope to the drain. I understand there would be a lip on the edge but this difference in height would be catered for with a screen sitting on the lip. Any thoughts on why this could or could not be done?

Thank you :)

F

Flintstone

You can get trays which slope in there entirety from one end to the other. No envelope cuts.

M

mbc0

Hi, I have been searching for linear shower trays and linear tray formers all have an envelope?

M

mbc0

Thank you Albert! £500 is a lot though but I understand it. It leads me back to my original question of would I be able to just grind the concrete to a slope myself instead of fitting a tray? as long as it tanked just wondering if anyone else has done this? Thanks Again!

Reply to Do I need a tray former? how to create a slope for drainage? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen