Discuss Do I need a tray former? how to create a slope for drainage? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mbc0

Hi,

I have a screeded concrete floor in my bathroom and instead of a conventional shower tray I want to have a wet room style linear drain floor. The area I am using is a corner and I have found linear former trays but they all require an envelope style tiling system. Would be possible to just grind a slope out of the existing concrete and then tank and tile placing the linear drain right against the wall so I would then be able to tile "normally" down the slope to the drain. I understand there would be a lip on the edge but this difference in height would be catered for with a screen sitting on the lip. Any thoughts on why this could or could not be done?

Thank you :)

F

Flintstone

You can get trays which slope in there entirety from one end to the other. No envelope cuts.

M

mbc0

Hi, I have been searching for linear shower trays and linear tray formers all have an envelope?

M

mbc0

Thank you Albert! £500 is a lot though but I understand it. It leads me back to my original question of would I be able to just grind the concrete to a slope myself instead of fitting a tray? as long as it tanked just wondering if anyone else has done this? Thanks Again!

Reply to Do I need a tray former? how to create a slope for drainage? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks