Discuss DIY Tiler - Wood effect porcelain tiles, large format in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Mambo

TF
Reaction score
Haven't tried any clips...just a few utube vidoes..i have spoken to a few older tilers and they have never used them and don't see the benefit. As I say I am open to anything that helps but are they worth the investment.

One of these tilers swears by Dunlop adhesive and says I am throwing away money using Bal..any advise?

F

Flintstone

Old tilers are living in the 1990s in my opinion, it's a fast moving trade and lots of new products out to make the job better or easier in certain circumstances. Leave Dunlop to make tennis balls

L

LM

Haven't tried any clips...just a few utube vidoes..i have spoken to a few older tilers and they have never used them and don't see the benefit. As I say I am open to anything that helps but are they worth the investment.

One of these tilers swears by Dunlop adhesive and says I am throwing away money using Bal..any advise?
RLS from Ramondi or Genisis Easy level are two that I'd recommend as far as clips go and yes they are without a doubt worth the investment.
Dunlop adhesives come under the same umbrella as Ardex and Bal. Dunlop and Profix are two brands made by that group as a contract range. They won't have the same polymers etc as the two premium brands but IMO they are good enough for straight forward installations.
As @Localtiler said lots of 'old timers' but not all are stuck in their ways, but this game is evolving quicker than ever and if you don't keep up you'll be left behind. Yes you can battle your way through a large plank floor and get there in the end but the difference in time and quality finish with when using clips is IMO uncomparable.

I

Italy

RLS from Ramondi or Genisis Easy level are two that I'd recommend as far as clips go and yes they are without a doubt worth the investment.
Dunlop adhesives come under the same umbrella as Ardex and Bal. Dunlop and Profix are two brands made by that group as a contract range. They won't have the same polymers etc as the two premium brands but IMO they are good enough for straight forward installations.
As @Localtiler said lots of 'old timers' but not all are stuck in their ways, but this game is evolving quicker than ever and if you don't keep up you'll be left behind. Yes you can battle your way through a large plank floor and get there in the end but the difference in time and quality finish with when using clips is IMO uncomparable.

Yes you can battle your way through a large plank floor and get there in the end but the difference in time and quality finish with when using clips is IMO uncomparable................
it is nice to have people talking for me......;)
images

I'm enjoying. great lee

Mambo

TF
Reaction score
Thanks guy....I think I will invest in the clips..if I go with Dunlop grout as opposed to Bal the overall cost will be very similar..just get a lot of conflicting opinion on the adhesive...might sleep on it..

Reply to DIY Tiler - Wood effect porcelain tiles, large format in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks