Search the forum,

Discuss DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PJPro

Arrrggghhh! My fix for the tile slithers is npt going well! How the hell do you get mosiacs up without making a mess! Damn!

R

Russw77

hi and welcome. i know the feeling of being able to stand back and be proud of what you've done is great but i think this is a job for a pro. You can get all the advice you need on here but there is no substitute for professional experience. hope this helps Russ

S

SnipSnap

put us in the picture and we will try to help. Sometimes you will get a bit of mess if the adhesive is too much. With some finishes you could allow the mosaic to slightly set and then rake the adhesive off and clean off the surface. You should test a small sample before diving in though.

P

PJPro

I've sorted it. I made sure the adhensive wasn't too runny and didn't put too much on. I'll probably do the same for the window header tiles.

I'm not far off finished now (the upstairs bathroom that is). I will post pictures but I've been more than a little busy. It isn't a perfect finish and I suspect that the pros on this forum could pick out a rash of issues. However, it's the best I can do and not at all bad. Moreover, I wouldn't have necessarily have gotten a better job if I'd paid to get someone in. Therte's plenty of evidence from disgruntled customers to support that comment.

And the plumber was sufficiently impressed with my work to ask me if I'd like to do his bathroom! As it turned out, he got someone else in.

S

SnipSnap

Make sure not to mix the adhesive too hard as it will "Skim" quickly hence not bonding properly to the tile.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
My garage needs tidying out PJ if you find yourself at a loose end when you've finished your tiling!

I'm glad you've neary finished, please post the pics I promise you no one on here will pick fault.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Re: DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me ne

Ah.... PJ Pro, we meet again my old friend.

Was it really 2010?

Reply to DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen