Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

PJPro

I've sorted it. I made sure the adhensive wasn't too runny and didn't put too much on. I'll probably do the same for the window header tiles.

I'm not far off finished now (the upstairs bathroom that is). I will post pictures but I've been more than a little busy. It isn't a perfect finish and I suspect that the pros on this forum could pick out a rash of issues. However, it's the best I can do and not at all bad. Moreover, I wouldn't have necessarily have gotten a better job if I'd paid to get someone in. Therte's plenty of evidence from disgruntled customers to support that comment.

And the plumber was sufficiently impressed with my work to ask me if I'd like to do his bathroom! As it turned out, he got someone else in.

S

SnipSnap

Make sure not to mix the adhesive too hard as it will "Skim" quickly hence not bonding properly to the tile.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
My garage needs tidying out PJ if you find yourself at a loose end when you've finished your tiling!

I'm glad you've neary finished, please post the pics I promise you no one on here will pick fault.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Re: DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me ne

Ah.... PJ Pro, we meet again my old friend.

Was it really 2010?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me ne

Don't mind me while I bump some old but popular threads to see if the topic is still active in some way. Wondering if either the original idea or original issue still exists. I've done this with quite a few threads, so don't be offended if this is just jargon these days and not applicable. But I thought there might be a small chance a small percentage of the small number of threads might just be slightly applicable and the thread could get a new lease of life.

Reply to this if you've read a bit and have something to say. :)
There IS going to be a bigger chance when i do this, that the thread is dead. So don't worry if that's the case, just don't reply to it, and we'll all move on and let the thread drop out of view again.

Bump

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some of the older popular threads. Probably wont be current discussion these days but I just need to do it. So just ignore the thread if it's not current for you.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Reply to DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks