Search the forum,

Discuss Diy sos in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Discount Tile Supplies

Like above, at least use white addy that was my point! i supplied DIY SOS some tiles for a show in Crayford a few years back and condemned how they was going to fix these tiles outside on DECKING! they done the total opposite because they wanted it done quick, he wasn't too happy when i said their way was wrong so they never showed me on the program even though they filmed me for ages talking to him!

T

trevortine

Like above, at least use white addy that was my point! i supplied DIY SOS some tiles for a show in Crayford a few years back and condemned how they was going to fix these tiles outside on DECKING! they done the total opposite because they wanted it done quick, he wasn't too happy when i said their way was wrong so they never showed me on the program even though they filmed me for ages talking to him!
It wasn't really your point, your point was to advise warm up boards were stuck to a wall and commented good start, why on earth would anyone stick these on a wall? Your next point was to ask the question if you can use a cement based adhesive over plaster. Anyone who knows there stuff let alone running a tile shop should know simple facts like this.

S

Stef

Whats the problem with using Grey adhesive on walls?

I think the only time i use white on walls is if i can blag it off site or we are fixing travertine or another tile that requires white addy.

Grey is always cheaper & as John B says if you work clean then you will never know the difference. :thumbsup:

T

trevortine

Exactly robson! Be good to find the guy who done it and find out exactly what was used. Personally all looked well above board to me. Real tilers don't use tubs!!!

D

Discount Tile Supplies

Well ur just tight Robbo! And my point, Trevotine, is why use grey adhesive for £1.50 a bag more u can have white , its a lot easier and better? Come on?

Most tilers never use grey adhesive, unless tight, on walls let alone on plaster finishes.

And Why would u want to use boards any way? Why not just tank it lot easier. They plastered the other walls, then tiled them.

I

Ian

It wasn't boards on the walls, it was a tanking membrane. Every penny counts in business and in this climate, if you can save a tenner on a job just by working cleanly then that's what has to be done.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

Reply to Diy sos in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen