Search the forum,

Discuss Diy sos swansea build in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
How's this going?

I hear they treat you well when you help out. Well done matey. Make sure you take loads of photos for your website / portfolio.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Day 1.
Turned up at 8 to be told the tiling doesn't start till tommorow .lol
Ended up unloading,moving things,chatting and most importantly.............fueling my body.can't believe how much food and drinks are on site !!!! Nobody goes Hu gury or thirsty.got the tiling plans for the morning,hopefully tiles and materials will be delivered by then.(They hadn't arrived by 5 !)
Got all my gear into gorilla tubs in the van ready to be unloaded in the morning as I can't park anywhere near site and the entrance is bonkers busy.mind you it don't take long to unload when there's around 20 pairs of hands to help .
T.B.C. :)

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Day 2
Tiles were on site when I arrived this morning only to realise that there was no materials with them.( no materials had been ordered !!!!)another six tilers arrived ...We hey !!!
Only after I came back from collecting materials ( in a diy sos van ) did I find out from the other fellow tilers that tile calculations were wrong and needed extra ordering !!!!
Anyway,we managed to get a good afternoon of tiling in till around seven when we had a good feed in the canteen of pie,peas and chips .
Can't wait to get back in the morning

L

LM

Day 2
Tiles were on site when I arrived this morning only to realise that there was no materials with them.( no materials had been ordered !!!!)another six tilers arrived ...We hey !!!
Only after I came back from collecting materials ( in a diy sos van ) did I find out from the other fellow tilers that tile calculations were wrong and needed extra ordering !!!!
Anyway,we managed to get a good afternoon of tiling in till around seven when we had a good feed in the canteen of pie,peas and chips .
Can't wait to get back in the morning
I take it you all teamed up?

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Day 3
Got nearly 3 on-suites tiled now(excluding grout and silicone work)out of tiles now !!!!!!tiles will be picked up tonight from Birmingham ready for when we arrive in the morning.we've still got a wetroom walls and 3 kitchen splashbacks to complete by Friday evening.( yes Lee,we've all teamed up and shared work areas between us.)considering how manic this build is I haven't heard one argument or even witnessed a strop !(yet...lol).
I've even got a tiler coming from my town coming with me tommorow to help out.

Reply to Diy sos swansea build in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen