Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Diy sos swansea build in the General Chat Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. judge

judge Professional Tiler

Getting excited now.I'm off to diy sos in Swansea on Monday to join the team and meet loads of people helping out on a new project.anyone on here going along ?

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Good on you Julian!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Adey1980

Adey1980 Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Well done, I would have done it if I wasn't so busy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dan

Dan TilersForums.co.uk Est.2006 Staff Member NOT a Tiler

How's this going?

I hear they treat you well when you help out. Well done matey. Make sure you take loads of photos for your website / portfolio.

5. judge

judge Professional Tiler

Day 1.
    Turned up at 8 to be told the tiling doesn't start till tommorow .lol
    Ended up unloading,moving things,chatting and most importantly.............fueling my body.can't believe how much food and drinks are on site !!!! Nobody goes Hu gury or thirsty.got the tiling plans for the morning,hopefully tiles and materials will be delivered by then.(They hadn't arrived by 5 !)
    Got all my gear into gorilla tubs in the van ready to be unloaded in the morning as I can't park anywhere near site and the entrance is bonkers busy.mind you it don't take long to unload when there's around 20 pairs of hands to help .
    T.B.C. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Adey1980

Keep us updated, I'm interested how it works out behind the scenes

7. judge

judge Professional Tiler

Day 2
    Tiles were on site when I arrived this morning only to realise that there was no materials with them.( no materials had been ordered !!!!)another six tilers arrived ...We hey !!!
    Only after I came back from collecting materials ( in a diy sos van ) did I find out from the other fellow tilers that tile calculations were wrong and needed extra ordering !!!!
    Anyway,we managed to get a good afternoon of tiling in till around seven when we had a good feed in the canteen of pie,peas and chips .
    Can't wait to get back in the morning

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. LEE MAC

LEE MAC Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

I take it you all teamed up?

9. Adey1980

How's it going

• Like Like x 1
  10. judge

judge Professional Tiler

Day 3
    Got nearly 3 on-suites tiled now(excluding grout and silicone work)out of tiles now !!!!!!tiles will be picked up tonight from Birmingham ready for when we arrive in the morning.we've still got a wetroom walls and 3 kitchen splashbacks to complete by Friday evening.( yes Lee,we've all teamed up and shared work areas between us.)considering how manic this build is I haven't heard one argument or even witnessed a strop !(yet...lol).
    I've even got a tiler coming from my town coming with me tommorow to help out.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Lou

Lou Admin Staff Member Top Contributor NOT a Tiler

Sounds exciting!!! Have you got any pics?

I once saw the team in a pub round here after doing one. My step mum loves nick Knowles so I asked him for his autograph hahaha.

12. Dan

It's nice to see you all work together with sort-of-competitors. Can't wait to see some pictures! I assume you're not allowed to use them until it airs or whatever? You had to sign anything related to that or are they quite flexible?

13. judge

judge Professional Tiler

Yes,I'm not allowed to show pics of the build yet,but when the program is aired in November I will have to post the picture of six of us tilers crammed into a 2.5 x 2.2 m2 wet room this afternoon laying on 24 m2 of metros in 5 hours !!!!!
    I have to install a kitchen floor tommorow for my own customer (happens to be five mins from build)then gonna head on back to help finish off whatever left.
    We need to be out of there tommorow night!!!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Dan

Kinda exactly as I heard before. Super busy and loads going on but really full bellies all the time lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. judge

judge Professional Tiler

Day 4,
    I only managed to get to site around 6 today after installing the kitchen floor on a private job.All the tiling had been completed by the lads so we all had a cup of tea and a chat.we're allowed to go in tommorow and finish up the grouting of three kitchen splashbacks before going in on Sunday for the handover followed by a pint with my new fellow tiler friends
    And...........relax :blush:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Bond

Bond Active Member

Well done you, and the rest of the gang.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Makesure you wear your forum baseball cap for the filming part if you have one!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. LEE MAC

LEE MAC Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Make sure and let us know when the episode is on! Well done to you for giving up your time :clapping::clapping:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Adey1980

Yes let us know when it's going to be aired.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Plan Tec Tiling

How was the last day?

21. judge

judge Professional Tiler

It'll be November children in need week.I will let everyone know beforehand.
    Today was a lot of standing around an talking.lots of laughing and quite emotional at times.oh, and as usual,plenty to eat :).
    I have to say I've made some genuine friends over the last seven days and will defo be meeting up again.were looking at another build together next summer.
    I can honestly say I've never had so much satisfaction and enjoyment in my job ,even if it was an unorganised chaoes but would recommend it too you all if you get the chance.
    Giving feels good ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Plan Tec Tiling

Nice one mate :):thumbsup::thumbsup: