Discuss Diy sos swansea build in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
How's this going?

I hear they treat you well when you help out. Well done matey. Make sure you take loads of photos for your website / portfolio.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Day 1.
Turned up at 8 to be told the tiling doesn't start till tommorow .lol
Ended up unloading,moving things,chatting and most importantly.............fueling my body.can't believe how much food and drinks are on site !!!! Nobody goes Hu gury or thirsty.got the tiling plans for the morning,hopefully tiles and materials will be delivered by then.(They hadn't arrived by 5 !)
Got all my gear into gorilla tubs in the van ready to be unloaded in the morning as I can't park anywhere near site and the entrance is bonkers busy.mind you it don't take long to unload when there's around 20 pairs of hands to help .
T.B.C. :)

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Day 2
Tiles were on site when I arrived this morning only to realise that there was no materials with them.( no materials had been ordered !!!!)another six tilers arrived ...We hey !!!
Only after I came back from collecting materials ( in a diy sos van ) did I find out from the other fellow tilers that tile calculations were wrong and needed extra ordering !!!!
Anyway,we managed to get a good afternoon of tiling in till around seven when we had a good feed in the canteen of pie,peas and chips .
Can't wait to get back in the morning

L

LM

Day 2
Tiles were on site when I arrived this morning only to realise that there was no materials with them.( no materials had been ordered !!!!)another six tilers arrived ...We hey !!!
Only after I came back from collecting materials ( in a diy sos van ) did I find out from the other fellow tilers that tile calculations were wrong and needed extra ordering !!!!
Anyway,we managed to get a good afternoon of tiling in till around seven when we had a good feed in the canteen of pie,peas and chips .
Can't wait to get back in the morning
I take it you all teamed up?

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Day 3
Got nearly 3 on-suites tiled now(excluding grout and silicone work)out of tiles now !!!!!!tiles will be picked up tonight from Birmingham ready for when we arrive in the morning.we've still got a wetroom walls and 3 kitchen splashbacks to complete by Friday evening.( yes Lee,we've all teamed up and shared work areas between us.)considering how manic this build is I haven't heard one argument or even witnessed a strop !(yet...lol).
I've even got a tiler coming from my town coming with me tommorow to help out.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Sounds exciting!!! Have you got any pics?

I once saw the team in a pub round here after doing one. My step mum loves nick Knowles so I asked him for his autograph hahaha.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's nice to see you all work together with sort-of-competitors. Can't wait to see some pictures! I assume you're not allowed to use them until it airs or whatever? You had to sign anything related to that or are they quite flexible?

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yes,I'm not allowed to show pics of the build yet,but when the program is aired in November I will have to post the picture of six of us tilers crammed into a 2.5 x 2.2 m2 wet room this afternoon laying on 24 m2 of metros in 5 hours !!!!!
I have to install a kitchen floor tommorow for my own customer (happens to be five mins from build)then gonna head on back to help finish off whatever left.
We need to be out of there tommorow night!!!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Kinda exactly as I heard before. Super busy and loads going on but really full bellies all the time lol

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Day 4,
I only managed to get to site around 6 today after installing the kitchen floor on a private job.All the tiling had been completed by the lads so we all had a cup of tea and a chat.we're allowed to go in tommorow and finish up the grouting of three kitchen splashbacks before going in on Sunday for the handover followed by a pint with my new fellow tiler friends
And...........relax :blush:

Reply to Diy sos swansea build in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks