Search the forum,

Discuss ditra over former in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

micko

I have a Tuff2 shower tray installed, I have just purchased some ditra uncoupling matting.
Should this be installed over the entire tray or just butted up to it and then taped across on to the former. The matting is a lot stiffer than I thought it would be and I am concerned about losing my falls.

W

White Room

The former would need their kerdi (tanking membrane), the ditra would need to come upto the tray and the kerdi overlapping onto the ditra by 100mm if not more....

P

PHG

Yes you can use the Dural Ci over the tray, the drain cover will wind up enough to accomodate.

Also make sure you sand the tray to create a good key for the flexible tile adhesive , just to add to create a really strong bond the use of mapei eco-prim grip will aid in that and then no need to sand the tray as the eco-prim grip will adhere no problem.

M

micko

In tanking could someone give me the order please. Floor in Ditra and the walls in Kirdi, but how about the tape in the corners, does the corner tape go in before or after the sheet tanking membranes .

Reply to ditra over former in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen