Search the forum,

Discuss Dewalt wet cutter in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hannah Plumbing

Hi guys, I just done a tiling course. I am a plumber to trade and served my time and have since been running my own firm for 3 years. A couple of months ago one of my tilers kept letting me down which pushed me to go an learn it myself. Be assured I am in no doubt your trade can be learned in a couple of weeks as my trade can't be either although it did open my eyes to a lot of things my tilers don't do that they should. I did learn the basics and can tile a room to an acceptable standard but will only step in to do the tiling when I have been let down on a job. I am sure some of you run a full job with several tradesmen and there is nothing worse than one of the links in the chain not showing up!!!

My real question is kit. Fortunately running a fairly successful business money is pretty good and I like to have the best kit. I found that if you have good tools and good skill you can be efficient and have a better finish product with least wastage from materials. Anyway the cost of the dewalt wet cutter is not the most expensive tool I would own but is it a good tool? I plan on sigma dry cutters but it's important the wet cutter doesn't ruin my clients walls and working in Glasgow, outside with electrical appliances is no ideal.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Thomas

A

Alan M

I am in a similar position.
I am a carpenter but got the occasional tiling job from other work on site.
if I fitted the kitchen they usually just want a finished job and not have to go lucking for a tiler.
I had trouble getting a tiler for small jobs so I learned how to tile myself.
I went on a course and studied these forums

anyway. I have the dewalt 24000 . its great. I wouldn't be without it. I tried a table saw version but hated it. it spayed water up into your face.
I put my dewalt up to a wall and hang a painters drop cloth on the wall . it catch's any stray spatter. they are rare but do happen
I would buy it again if I had to

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Imo you need 2 wet cutters
An every day cutter ....this is what you would use on most jobs. Somthing like a vitrex pro you can use this cutter indoors and is handy for cutting round sockets and in bathrooms when using ceramics... it will cut porcelain. ...just takes time.

Then you need a more powerful cutter for stone... large format porcelain etc something like a dewalt, rubi nd 200 or 300 , sigma 9p ect......point is you will find it a pain in the arse setting a big cutter up outside to cut a few 100x100 tiles round a socket..

A

Aston

Hi guys, I just done a tiling course. I am a plumber to trade and served my time and have since been running my own firm for 3 years. A couple of months ago one of my tilers kept letting me down which pushed me to go an learn it myself. Be assured I am in no doubt your trade can be learned in a couple of weeks as my trade can't be either although it did open my eyes to a lot of things my tilers don't do that they should. I did learn the basics and can tile a room to an acceptable standard but will only step in to do the tiling when I have been let down on a job. I am sure some of you run a full job with several tradesmen and there is nothing worse than one of the links in the chain not showing up!!!

My real question is kit. Fortunately running a fairly successful business money is pretty good and I like to have the best kit. I found that if you have good tools and good skill you can be efficient and have a better finish product with least wastage from materials. Anyway the cost of the dewalt wet cutter is not the most expensive tool I would own but is it a good tool? I plan on sigma dry cutters but it's important the wet cutter doesn't ruin my clients walls and working in Glasgow, outside with electrical appliances is no ideal.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Hi Thomas

The Dewalt D24000 is a great cutter for domestic use because of the way its contains the over spray.
As mentioned above, if you pick up a flat bed cutter, something like a vitrex 750w and a 115mm angle grinder, then you'll pretty much have all angles covered for the kind of work you will be doing.

Try and grab a Dewalt from ebay, Ive seen nearly new ones go for £400.
best of luck

Reply to Dewalt wet cutter in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen